Saturday, December 8, 2012

Intro

Hi!

My name is Luana and I have ulcerative pancolitis, an inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory bowel disease is an autoimmune disease (like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and celiac's) that affects one in every tho hundred Americans. Basically, my immune system has mistaken my colon for a foreign invader and is attacking my guts. This causes bleeding in the digestive tract, undernourishment  dehydration, strictures (narrowing of the intestines), fistulas (abnormal connection between tissue), urgency to move one's bowels, fatigue, pain, growth problems in children, etc. Please click here to learn more about Chron's and colitis for now. I will be posting more later! :)


This is my space to talk about my disease and how it affects me, both emotionally and physically. It is also a place for family, friends, and IBD patients to connect. I hope that my readers will not only been kept up on how I am doing, but more importantly, be educated about IBD. I want to raise awareness through this blog. Even if I can make one person's life a little better, I will be satisfied.

Thank you for reading! Have a craptastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment so long as you use your manners and are a decent, respectful human being. ^_^