Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Take Steps June 2013


Guess what?!

I started a little team called "Potty Mouths" to raise funds for CCFA's Take Steps walk to find a cure for Crohn's and ulcerative colitis. We will be taking a casual two mile stroll June 9th on Harriet Island at 4 PM. We always welcome new walkers, and are accepting donations here. If you cannot commit to walking, consider asking me about coin boxes (more info below!) or attending the event to cheer our team on.

The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is an organization that promotes and funds research of inflammatory bowel diseases, raises awareness, and provides education for patients and their loved ones. They also offer workshops to educate IBDers and support groups throughout the nation. They have received a grade of A- on charitywatch.org, and "eighty-two cents of every dollar raised in 2011, went toward research, education, and support".

I am turning twenty-one next month, and in lieu of gifts (besides the occasional drink, of course) I am requesting donations made to my page. I can always buy myself fancy trinkets, but I can't buy myself health.  (Sometimes, I wish I was Wolverine so that my colon could instantaneously heal.)

Prednisone and I don't mix.


If you are walking and lead a hectic life or can't commit to walk, but would like to help raise money, I have coin boxes for the event. You can leave the coin box in your office, place of worship, school office, businesses you frequent, etc and people can drop in their change. Just contact me and let me know. For those of you who have committed to the walk, I am still looking for venues to fund raise. Please share your donation page on Facebook, and spread the word!


Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment so long as you use your manners and are a decent, respectful human being. ^_^